Federal Benefits to be Paid Electronically

//Federal Benefits to be Paid Electronically

Federal Benefits to be Paid Electronically

Beginning March 1, 2013 ALL federal benefits, including Social Security payments, will be exclusively be paid electronically.

Rosie Rios, Treasurer of the United States, started an official countdown clock until the March deadline. Currently, 90% of federal benefit recipients receive payments electronically. The remaining 10% are being encouraged to make the switch now. Those who choose not to enroll in direct deposit payments will begin to receive their payments via the Direct Express® card. Money is posted to the card account on payment day each month. Cardholders can then make purchases and get cash back with purchases at no charge anywhere Debit MasterCard® is accepted.

By |2018-06-14T17:50:02+00:00March 15th, 2012|Elder Law|0 Comments