- Posted on December 10, 2020
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois – J.D. – 1974
- Northwestern University Technological Institute, Evanston, Illinois – B.S.E.E. – 1969
Associations & Memberships
- Kane County Bar Association, Member, 1981 – Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Land Trusts, Real Property and Antitrust Subcommittee, Past Member, 1978 – Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 1978 – Present
- Kane County Bar Association Commercial Real Estate Law Subcommittee, Chairperson
- Home Builders of the Greater Fox Valley, 1987 – 1990
- Alpha Delta Phi
- Illinois, 1974
U.S. Federal Court, 1974
JOHN E. REGAN graduated from Northwestern University Technological Institute with a B.S.E.E. degree and from Loyola University School of Law with a J.D. degree.
He was admitted to practice in 1974 and is a partner with the firm. Mr. Regan concentrates in commercial, industrial and residential development real estate law, including annexations, planned developments, construction and land development contract matters and zoning and subdivision entitlements. He also counsels governmental bodies with regard to general corporate matters, finance and tax matters. Other areas of practice concentration include corporate and commercial law, estate planning, trust and probate practice. John’s prior experience includes serving for 23 years as East Dundee village attorney.
Representative clients have included Villages of East and West Dundee, Dundee Township Park District, Elgin Community College District 509, Sunset Logistics, State Oil Company, Nexamp, Inc. Solar Energy Solutions, Boston, Mass., National Shopping Plazas, Eric J. Fernandez & Co. accounting, Chemtech Plastics and HiLine Utility Supply.
He is a member of the Kane County Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association and the Illinois State Bar Association. He is also involved in various civic organizations including currently serving as Board Chairman of the Golden Corridor Family YMCA and member of the Elgin Heritage Commission and Rotary Club of Elgin.
Prior to the joinder of Huck Bouma PC, John was a partner at Early, Tousey, Regan, Wlodek & Wong, LLP and its predecessor firms of which he was a founding member. He is a frequent speaker at Kane County Bar Association continuing legal education seminars on various business and real estate topics.
John lives in Elgin with his wife Flicka. He has three grown children and three grandchildren. John Has a lifelong passion for the sport of sailing and has participated in one design and offshore racing for over 45 years.