Asset Preservation Planning, Elder Law, Medicaid Applications and Appeals, Self-Settled Special Needs Trusts, Senior Community Contract Review, Special Needs Planning and Guardianship, Third Party-Settled Special Needs Trusts, Trusts and Estates, VA Pension Planning
(630) 221-1755 (630) 221-1756 | email@example.com
- Northern Illinois University, Juris Doctor (Law Degree) – – magna cum laude
- Knox College, English Literature (BA) – – cum laude
Associations & Memberships
- 2016, 2017 and 2018 Emerging Lawyer – Leading Lawyers
- 2010 and 2011 Illinois Rising Star – Super Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- Aurora Downtown Board, Board Member & committee Chair
Gina Salamone, a Director with the Firm, concentrates her practice on elder law, estate planning and special needs planning. For over a decade, Gina has been focusing on assisting families who are facing current or future long term care issues and developing a plan to access care and protect assets. Additionally, Gina works with all types of individuals to discuss and develop detailed and customized estate plans, including Special Needs Trusts for disabled children and adults.
Gina serves as a board member and committee chair of Aurora Downtown where she works on beautifying the downtown area, organizing special events and attracting and supporting businesses in the downtown.
Prior to coming to Huck Bouma PC, Gina worked as an attorney at Law ElderLaw LLP.
Gina enjoys travel, biking and art and is active in her local artist community. Gina lives in Aurora with her husband Shaun Callahan whom she met in law school.
Gina is happy to serve as an elder law attorney at Huck Bouma PC, and gives everyone a warm welcome and a cheery smile.
- “Watch Your Mailbox: Your Health Insurance May be Terminated: A Guide to the New Managed Care Program for Illinois Healthcare Participants,” Published in the Kane County Bar Association Bar Briefs (2014) and the Illinois State Bar Association Elder Law Newsletter (2014)
- “Personal Care Contracts: A Necessary Evil for Illinois Families,” DuPage County Bar Briefs (2013)
- ”The Top 6 Things You and Your Family Need to Know About Elder Law”, blog appearing in Common Financial Sense, Cross Point Wealth. September 25, 2019.
- “Bring Big Changes to the Veterans Benefits Process”, article appearing in Seniors BlueBook Fall-Winter 2020 issue (p.39).