Ronald E. Rasmussen
(847) 695-2000 (main office)
Areas of Practice
- Trusts and Estates
- Trust and Estate Administration
- Gift, Estate and Fiduciary Taxation
- Special Needs Planning and Guardianship
- Elder Law
- Wealth Transfer & Estate Planning
- Business Services
- Entity Planning and Formation
- Contract Services
- Real Estate
- Employment Law
- Employment Law Counseling
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago Kent College of Law, J.D.
- Northeastern Illinois University, B.A.
Admissions, Associations & Memberships
- Member Illinois State Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
Ron Rasmussen, retired, specialized in advising individuals, families and closely held businesses on tax savings strategies. Ron’s primary focus was sophisticated estate planning involving Federal Estate and Gift Tax reduction or avoidance. Ron used established traditional as well as cutting edge techniques to save tax dollars for his clients. Ron’s practice also included the administration of decedent’s estates and trust administration.
Ron was born in Chicago, Illinois, on August 10, 1947. He attended Western Illinois University in 1965-1966 and received a BA Degree from Northeastern Illinois University in 1968. Ron served in the United States Army in 1969-1970, which included a year of service in Vietnam. He attended Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago Kent College of Law from 1971 to 1974 where he was a member of the law review. Ron graduated in 1974 as class valedictorian.
Ron has been awarded an AV rating, the highest rating provided by Martindale-Hubbell. The AV rating signifies that Mr. Rasmussen’s legal abilities and professional ethics meet the very highest standards.
“AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM and Martindale-Hubbell NotableSM are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedures, standards and policies.”