William J. Strons
Business Services, Mergers and Acquisitions
(630) 221-1755 | email@example.com
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois: LLM in Taxation
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois: J.D.
- University of Illinois, Urbana: B.A. in Finance
Associations & Memberships
- DuPage County Bar Association, Tax Committee: Chairman 2009-2010, 2012-2013 Vice Chairman 2008-2009, 2011-2012
- American Bar Association
- Midwest Business Brokers and Intermediaries Member
William J. Strons joined Huck Bouma, PC in 2002 and has served as the Firm’s Managing Shareholder since 2012. Bill also currently serves as Co-Chair of Huck Bouma’s M&A and Corporate Transactional practice groups.
With over 25 years of experience in mergers and acquisitions, Bill uses this wealth of knowledge to efficiently evaluate complex business transactions in a manner best suited for the client. Bill has extensive experience in working with both buyers and sellers from various industries in the structuring, implementation, and financing of transactions. In this capacity, Bill has aided clients in:
- Designing and implementing strategies
- Drafting and reviewing Letters of Intent
- Structuring, negotiating, and managing business transactions
- Counseling on the tax structure of raising capital
- Drafting and reviewing buy-sell agreements
Over the course of his practice, Bill has assisted clients with complex asset and stock acquisitions and divestitures, tax-free reorganizations and restructuring, joint venture agreements, tax-deferred equity rollover transactions, and private placement offerings.
Bill also represents a variety of closely-held businesses in all aspects of their corporate and tax planning matters. With a strong tax background, Bill advises clients on succession planning, federal and state tax planning, compliance, governance, and employment contracts.
Bill is a frequent speaker for a variety of industry organizations, including the Midwest Business Brokers & Intermediaries group, the DuPage Bar Association and the University of Chicago Booth School of Business Entrepreneurial Roundtable. Bill is a past chair of the DuPage Bar Association’s Tax Law Committee and has presented topics such as tax strategies in selling the closely-held business, legal due diligence in the M&A transaction, and key terms of a letter of intent.
Bill lives in Naperville with his wife. He is a Chicago sports enthusiast and also enjoys golfing and fishing.