Phone: (630) 221-1755 firstname.lastname@example.org
Aaron E. Ruswick is a shareholder of the firm, with a practice focusing on business services, mergers and acquisitions; and trusts and estates. Such matters include business planning; tax and transactional matters; private letter rulings with the IRS; estate and gift strategies/planning; business succession planning; business disputes; and general contractual matters.
Aaron’s experience ranges from representing larger businesses on their transactional, contractual and operational needs to representing families in their legacy succession, including wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, and other generational transfers.
Aaron has experience with a wide variety of business owners, businesses, and high net worth individuals in corporate and estate planning matters which include drafting operating agreements, shareholder agreements, asset purchase agreements, sales representative agreements, general contract review, non-disclosure agreements, loan agreements, real estate transfers and various other matters. Aaron also represents attorneys and estates of deceased attorneys in developing succession planning techniques to transition a law practice in a sale or merger transaction in order to maximize the value of the practice, enable the clients to find the best option for their legal matters, and avoid the issues that result when no succession plan is in place.
Aaron’s past experience includes three years of practice in public accounting at a mid-sized accounting firm in audit and tax and KPMG LLP, where he was a member of the international corporate tax group.
Aaron is the President, serving on the board of the Fox Valley Chapter of the Illinois CPA Society, where he organizes the continuing education seminars for CPAs, lawyers and other professionals. Aaron is also the current Secretary and Treasurer of the DuPage County Bar Association (DCBA) and was recently named the DCBA Lawyer of the Year for 2021.
Aaron lives in Wheaton and enjoys spending his free time with his wife and six children.
- Wealth Counsel Illinois Forum – Residency Planning for Individuals and Businesses
- Webinar on Pending Tax Changes: What Clients and Advisors Should Consider in Planning
- Illinois CPA Society, Fox Valley Chapter – Webinar Friday, June 12, 2020: “Paycheck Protection Program Loan Update”.
- Wealth Counsel Illinois Forum Symposium – Succession Planning Alternatives for Law Practices
- Webinar on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Primer on Leading Clients Through Private M&A Transactions , Thursday, October 3, 2019 meeting of the Fox Valley Chapter of the ICPAS.
- Webinar on Income Tax Updates
- IL CPA Society, Fox Valley Chapter – Primer on leading Clients Through Private M&A Transactions
- Webinar on Estate Planning Updates
- Webinar on Income Tax Updates
- Fox Valley Estate Planning Council – Updates in Tax Law after the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act
- WealthCounsel Symposium 2016, Washington, D.C. on October 20, 2016 – “Succession Planning for the Small Law Firm/Sole Practitioner”.
- Illinois CPA Society, Fox Valley Chapter – October 14, 2016: “Advanced Estate Planning & Proposed Regulations under Section 2704.”
- IL CPA Society, Fox Valley Chapter – Sale or Merger of a Law Firm or Accounting Practice